BADASS TATTOO ARTIST FEATURE
The Filthy Mermaid™ is an apparel brand FOR Merbabes BY Merbabes! Each season The Filthy Mermaid™ releases a new catalog of kick-ass designs – they are generally mermaid themed but for adults and with an edge.
For this next seasons design catalog, we are adding a featured artist collection with the most badass tattoo artist we can find! The catalog will have a full page feature of this artist and their shop. We’ll showcase 4-6 designs by the winner that will be printed on various products such as apparel, caps, and koozie that our customers will be able to purchase both online and from our retail partners. Submissions will be accepted from July 15-25th. The TOP 5 will be chosen and entered online for our customers and fans to vote for. Final voting is from July 27th until midnight on the 31st. Our winner will be announced on August 2nd and offered a licensing contract with The Filthy Mermaid™!
Your submission criteria:
– 1-2 designs that are total mermaid badassery that you love and the story or meaning behind each one. *We suggest you watermark it if you have the ability to. ART SUBMISSIONS MUST BE EMAILED DIRECTLY to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject line must have your name as listed in the Submission Form.
– Submitted design must be sent as a .png or .jpeg in high resolution
– Full contact details from the form so that we can reach out if needed.
– Your artwork must be original – all your own – and allow us to submit it for the contest should you make the Top 5.
– All designs can be one color or in full color. When submitting, think of how your design will look on a shirt. We are looking for badass, sexy, powerful designs that can print clearly.
– Design theme needs to be “Mermaid” themed and can be interpreted in any way that you perceive it. Your art is what makes you a badass and we want to see your personality. Extensions of “Mermaid” theme can be undersea, sealife, portrait style, and have text.
– Designs can be edgy and sexy, but for commercial value we cannot have any fucking swear language, got it?
Contract & Deadlines:
– First drafts of winner artwork for the collection would be required by August 15th. Final artwork will be due by August 21st. A minimum of 6 designs will be due for final approval for the catalog.
– The launch of the collection is September 4th.
– The Filthy Mermaid™ contract for the winner will receive a monthly payment for royalties for each print purchased until August 31, 2020.
– By completing the submission, you are agreeing for your art to be posted on our websites and social media (and will always be credited to you).